Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association
The KCMA is a non-profit association that represents cabinet manufacturers and suppliers. KCMA works to advance the cabinet industry through advocacy, setting cabinet quality standards, sponsoring kitchen and bath cabinet-related research and providing the cabinet industry with management tools and educational programs.
I was contracted to lead and manage the rebuild of their website and member database using Drupal and Salesforce.
- Led the rebuild of KCMA’s website and member database, including the solution architecture, UX design for the admin and front-end, and content migration.
- Developed a custom integration and SSO between Drupal and Salesforce.
- Provided training and documentation for KCMA staff to manage and maintain the new website.
Digital Strategy Consultant
2022 – 2023
- Developed global form strategy to enhance insights into product interest, target accounts, and campaign effectiveness for the ABM team.
- Provided UX strategy across multiple teams to increase engagement and conversions across their email, landing page, and website platforms.
- Contributed to website optimization efforts to increase page performance and form submissions.
- Supported agency relationships during the implementation of a new DXP and migration to GA4, ensuring successful project delivery and meeting business requirements.
2022 – 2023
As Chief Marketing Officer at Acronym Investment, I led the development and implementation of brand and marketing strategies for our portfolio of companies.
- Led a rebrand to reposition and redesign the brand identity for their niche and ensure consistency across all channels.
- Launched the Kush Kitchen product line in California, which was sold in 30+ dispensaries and won 1st place at the Farmer’s Cup for “savory tincture.”
- Repositioned the brand to better resonate with the target audience and updated the brand image and materials to be consistent across all channels.
- Launched the first full-gram hash rosin-infused cartridges ever in California, which were sold in over 50 dispensaries across the state.
- Within the first year, we secured the largest dispensary in California as a vendor, leading to an increase in brand awareness and sales.
- Designed the solution architecture for a CMS to manage products from all over the world.
- Collaborated with an agency to set up Hubspot as our CRM utilizing Zapier integrations.
- Successfully launched Hempsourcer and onboarded 100+ products across 5 countries.
Wonder Dog Creative
2020 – 2022
Wonder Dog Creative is a boutique creative marketing agency with a focus on branding, marketing strategy, and execution.
My role as president included pitching and acquiring new business, managing client expectations, creative direction, project management, and overall agency morale and success.
Examples of Wonder Dog Clients included: Essential Cabinetry Group, Green Energy Partners, King Street Oyster Bar, Mat Inc., and Mr. Print.
Essential Cabinetry Group
Rebranded the five companies under the Essential Cabinetry Group family with new messaging, positioning, and identities.
Green Energy Partners
- Worked on a team to develop a new brand positioning and identity.
- Designed and developed a custom WordPress website to enhance the brand story and initiatives.
King Street Oyster Bar
- Designed a new brand identity for a new oyster bar in Northern Virginia.
- Designed and developed a custom WordPress website that made it easy for King Street Oyster Bar to update menus, hours, and announcements.
- Designed and developed a custom website for MAT Inc, a government contractor focused on project management and strategic planning for various contract vehicles.
Marketing UX Lead
2015 – 2020
- Led a team of designers to build an atomic component library.
- Organized and led design sprints to implement new website features and components.
- Collaborated with the content strategy team to create a new solution architecture for our website.
- Managed and maintained the front-end development for the CMS.
- Served as a liaison between Cvent and our external implementation agency, Elevated Third.
- Provided training to marketing staff to enable them to create/update content in Drupal.
- Led capacity and resource management exercises to get approval for in-house Drupal support.
- Interviewed and hired overseas and US-based Drupal developers.
- Partnered with the conversion rate optimization team to develop and track A/B tests.
- Spoke at our annual user conference, teaching event planners the fundamentals of web design.
- Implemented “Beer and Bourbon” sessions where all marketing executives came together to discuss future goals and plans for our digital properties (after hours, of course).
2011 – 2015
- Planned, designed, and implemented web applications for various clients.
- Developed responsive websites using Foundation, Bootstrap, WordPress, and custom frameworks.
- Assisted in the creation of multiple brand strategies.
- Planned, designed and developed HTML email campaigns using MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and Eloqua.
- Helped plan, design and execute a social media campaign for a reality TV show.
- Designed and implemented a web design process for agency.
- Utilized Google Analytics and other metric software to optimize websites and web applications.